Wednesday, April 30, 2008

IF THE CANADIENS DON'T BEAT PHILADELPHIA TONIGHT, THE TERRORISTS HAVE ALREADY WON

PHILADELPHIA - Undoubtedly, the Canadiens are very busy preparing for tonight's game and, no doubt, they already have enough pressure on them as it is. But what this town (Montreal) needs right now is a return to tradition. We need to work, laugh, and win the way we did before September 11. That's why it's absolutely vital that the Canadiens win tonight. Because if they don't, well, then the terrorists have already won.

These are hard times for all of us. Some days, I can barely bring myself to yell at the TV from my Lazy-Boy as the Canadiens blow another powerplay opportunity. Yet to hang my head in defeat is exactly what they want us to do. They want us to give up and admit defeat. I don't know how you were raised, but when life deals me a blow, I pick myself up, dust myself off, and demand that players be traded. That's the way I am, and I'm not going to let some fundamentalist wacko halfway around the world change that.

Hopefully the Canadiens realize that by giving me poor performance, they're giving a poor performance to an entire nation! Until they can learn to win every game, maybe they should take the "Canadian" reference from their name. The entire team is making a mockery of everything Canada stand for. They should feel ashamed.

Do they want the beer of past couch-coaches to have been spilled for nothing? Well, if they can't bring us the wins we need to capture the Stanley Cup, they might as well move to Afghanistan and join Al Queda, because that's what they're really doing. Right now, the Habs need to ask themselves some difficult questions. Namely, are they part of the problem or part of the solution?

Also, a shutout and eight goals tonight would be nice.

No comments: